How to Find a Dentist Near Me in Four Steps
Did you recently move to Seattle? Perhaps you changed insurance providers, or maybe you’re fed up with your current dentist and want to find a new one. Use this guide on finding a dentist near me to help you choose an office you feel comfortable and happy with.
Answer Some Basic Questions
The first step is to consider how your new dentist can meet your lifestyle and dental care needs. Ask yourself these questions as you begin your search for dentists near me:
- Is the location convenient? Most patients want a dental provider that’s close to their home, work or the kids’ school.
- Are the office hours convenient? Make sure you have the option to set appointments before or after work/school or during your lunch break.
- Does the dentist offer the services you need? For instance, can the dentist care for everyone in your family? And if you have a dental emergency, will you be seen promptly?
- Do you prefer a specific spoken language? Zen Dental Center has staff members who speak English, Spanish and Japanese.
Start Searching In-Network
Take advantage of the tools on your insurance provider’s website to help you search for in-network dentists. For example, Delta Dental’s Find a Dentist and Premera Blue Cross’s Dental Care Tool make it easy to browse for dentists near me in Seattle.
Ask for Recommendations
With a few in-network dentists in mind – ones with conveniently located offices and all the right dental services for your family – ask around to see if any friends and neighbors have recommendations. Find out who they visit for dental care and whether they’re satisfied with the services they receive. Experiences of people you know can help you make a good decision for your family.
Call or Visit Dentists in Seattle
The American Dental Association suggests calling the dentists on your list to conduct a short interview. Better yet, you can schedule a visit to the office to see the facility in person and meet with the dentist and staff before making your final decision. Bring a list of questions along with your dental records if you have any specific questions about the services you’ll require going forward. Some questions you might want to ask include:
- Will you explain ways to help my family avoid dental problems?
- How does your staff handle dental emergencies outside of regular business hours?
- Are fees presented up front? Do you offer payment plans?
- What is your policy for missed/canceled appointments?
Above all else, you want to partner with a dentist who can improve your overall oral health and wellness at an affordable price. To learn more about how Zen Dental Center can take care of you, please contact us at 206-324-1100. We accept Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental and many other insurance plans.