You’re new to Delta Dental, and now you need to find an in-network dentist in the Seattle area. This is an important decision that could shape your family’s oral health for many years to come, so you must make your selection carefully. Here’s how to find a Delta Dental dentist:
Define Your Basic Requirements
Before you get serious about reviewing Delta Dental dentists in Seattle, decide what basic criteria are most important to you. For example:
- Do you need the office to be in a particular location? It’s easiest to make dentist appointments a priority if the office is close to home, work or your child’s school.
- What specialties do you need your dentist to provide? A family dentist offers treatments for patients of all ages, an important consideration for people with children.
- Are you picky about office hours? You need a dentist who can accommodate your schedule.
- Do you require a specific spoken language? Zen Dental Center has staff members who can speak English, Spanish and Japanese.
- Do you need a handicap-accessible office? This is a critical consideration for anyone in a wheelchair or with other accessibility restrictions.
Use the “Find a Dentist” Tool on the Delta Dental Website
Once you know what you’re looking for in a Delta Dental dentist, you can begin your search. The Delta Dental website offers a handy “Find a Dentist” tool , which allows you to search for providers by name, specialty or location. This helps you narrow down the dentists who accept Delta Dental in your area.
Interview Delta Dental Dentists in Seattle
After you find a few candidates, it’s time to dig a little deeper. Visit each dentist’s website to find out if they meet your basic criteria. If they do, give them a call to ask more specific questions, such as:
- What is your educational background and credentials?
- How many years have you been in the business?
- What special in-office technology do you offer?
- How do you handle dental emergencies outside regular business hours?
Visit Dentist Offices for a Tour
If you like the answers you receive from a few potential dentists, the final step is to visit the office in person. While you’re there, assess the courtesy of staff members and pay attention to the way they treat you. A courteous, knowledgeable team reveals how your future visits will go. If possible, speak with the lead dentist as well. He or she should make you feel invited and comfortable.
Request a tour of the office before you leave. As a staff member guides you around, evaluate the cleanliness of the exam rooms and the overall condition of the building. You should feel confident about your choice after following these steps.
At Zen Dental Center, we accept many types of dental insurance , including Delta Dental. Call us at 206-324-1100 for additional information or to schedule an appointment.